A simple multi platform emoji/memes/gifs finder
- Download retro_typer.dmg from Releases
- Double click and install the .dmg file
- Open the Shortcuts app in macos
- Click the plus button at the top right corner to add a new shortcut
- click on the search bar at the top right corner and type “Open App” for the action. Drag open app to the main area.
- Click on the app keyword and find retro_typer
- To setup a keyboard shortcut, click the information icon at the top right corner of the shortcuts app.
- Click “Add Keyboard Shortcut” and add your shortcut key combination, you can press shift + option + 1
- And you’re done ! Just press the shortcut anywhere.
- Download windows.zip from Releases
- extract the zip file
- Right click on the retro_typer shortcut and click ‘properties’
- click on the ‘Shortcut Key’ and setup a key like Ctrl + Alt + 1
- Use arrow keys to choose the meme to use
- Press number keys on keyboard to choose type 1 for ascii, 2 for gif etc
- Press enter to choose. The meme/emoji has been copied to clipboard
Some shortcuts are already used by the Macos itself. Try out a few combinations and see which ones are available.